Sunday, June 26, 2005

I've become an asshole

Tonight I was proofing a translation script that some new girl wrote. I have always hated proofing, because 90% of the scripts I've proofed just weren't up to snuff. They were missing crap, they were poorly translated, or they were poorly worded. So I wrote this girl a short critique on things she missed (she missed *a lot* of translations). And then I was told that she cried about it or something, and after an online discussion I suddenly realized it.

I've become a complete jerk. All this stress and fatigue must have changed me, because before I was always a super-nice guy (part of the reason why I become "just friends" with every girl I meet). But now it's like I have no tolerance at all. The slightest shred of incompetency is like lighting a 10-second fuse. This isn't just with translation, this is with everything lately. I've become angry enough to the point where sometimes I will hit things to relieve my anger. It is absolutely horrible that I've become this way. I hate the person I am right now, and I hate the fact that I've allowed myself to be worked hard enough to sink this low. I really need to take some time off and alleviate the pressure in my life before I destroy myself. Seriously.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really have become such a jerk. がんばってね!


チュ! love, rina.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Tyler Olsen said...

But you didn't know me before I was a jerk Rina. Hopefully one day you will see me as I really am (err, well not literally see, but talk to online anyway).

全ては俺のせいじゃないよ!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

もちろん~even if you're a jerk, I like you.
One day, you'll be your true self again.

チュ!マッタネ~

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it's the new girl. I'm sorry we're off to a bad start.
i'm overly sensitive, esp. when i'm sleepy/tired; the tears were unexpected for me too.
Anyway, I'll do better on the next one. I'm out of practice and I know my Japanese isn't up to snuff, but i hope this experience will help.
これから お世話になります。よろしくお願いします!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ジャークだってもそれなりの魅力があるはずんだろうからいいんじゃねーの?

ま、ジャーク的な魅力なんて要らねーってことか?ふざけんな、偉そうに…!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home