Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Decision Finally Reached

So after what seemed like an eternal debate with myself, I finally came to a decision on my full-time job offer with Freescale versus the Neuroscience program. I decided to take the job, for a number of reasons. (1) My boss said I needed to make a decision soon, and that the end of the month was really REALLY pushing it (I won't know if I got into the neuroscience program or not till the end of this month). (2) I've been working my ass off in school for 6 years now, and figured I could use a break. Especially since I've been having so much mental fatigue in the past 6 months or so. (3) I could really use the money and the time to help me stabalize my life before moving on to the next step. I still haven't given up on neuroscience, and right now I plan to apply again next year or defer my admission if I get in (and they let me defer it, but I don't think they allow that). I think that in the long-run, this really is the best decision for me, even though it means holding me back from what (I think) I really want to do.


I went to sports medicine and they X-rayed my leg last week. Thankfully, I don't have a stress fracture, even though I have all the symptoms of one. But I can't run or do anything else high-impact till my next evaluation in 3 weeks, which royally sucks. This of course means I didn't run the Freescale marathon/half-marathon, which was today. :( The excema on my hands isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would get, and it seems to already be going away thankfully. My wrists still hurt quite a bit, but it's getting better. Last week I had a theraputic massage (courtesy of Freescale of course) and that really helped out a lot, even though it was a tad painful. The girl said she moved my muscles back into "the right places" (O_o). She pointed out to me that my fingernails are purple, probably from bad circulation. She said she was envious of them because they were "pretty". >_>


Along with that comment, in the past I've had two other girls say they were jealous of various parts of my body. In high school a friend told me that I have the perfect amount of hair on my arms. My former roommate from last year said she was envious of my long eyelashes. So here I am, a man of 23 years old with purple fingernails, perfect armhair, and long eye lashes. Seriously, what the hell?


Anyway, I forgot to mention something awesome last week. A little less than two weeks ago after reading Slashdot, I saw someone refer to Craig's list. Now, I've heard of it but never actually visited the site, so I decided to take a look around. I wasn't thoroughly impressed, but I saw that you could place free personal ads there, and that many people had done so. So I figured I'd give it a try, just for the hell of it (including a picture). Within 3 hours, I had 4 e-mails from interested girls in Austin, all of which rated from about a 6 - 8 out of 10 in my book. One of them gave me her myspace page to check out her pictures, but the stupid site wouldn't let me see them without having an account. So I figured what the hell, and signed up. Crazily enough, I've received 3 PMs through myspace from girls who saw my profile and were interested in me. And a handful more of craigslist people rolled in in the meanwhile. @_@ So I could only come to one conclusion: I am an e-pimp. Yes, you heard it right. An e-pimp. Because I can't pimp in real life, but I seem to do really well on the interent (EE power?). I'm still talking with one of them, who dropped a really obvious clue that she wanted me to ask her out. So we might get together next weekend. Crazy huh?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! With this post, I went from "Hmm" to "Okay" to "Did you say girl?" to laughing my butt off. That's hilarious!

See my recent post for something else rather funny, though I don't think it could ever measure up to yours.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Tyler Olsen said...

My life is rather amusing, yes. :) When I first read your comment though I thought you were a bot, because it sounded generic enough. ;)

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Generic like C++ templates! :P

I just clicked the "Anonymous" radio button instead of the "Other" one. :)

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tyler,

i haven't read this blog in a long time. so much has happened to you! O_O i'm glad you're getting better. i hope one of the girls you're e-pimping works out for you ^^

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home