Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Being the boss can suck

I had to start something really unpleasant today: a discussion of the removal of one of our programmers from the Allacrost staff. It won't be the first time I've ousted a programmer, but the guy we're considering right now does a really good job. He's just not avaiable enough and it's been really slowing down our code production because we are waiting on parts of his code to proceed. This is unlike the situation with the last guy, whom we hired and for four months he didn't write a single line of code for what he was supposed to do! Seriously, I have no idea why it took me so long to think to get rid of that guy; He was not just unproductive but actually counter-productive for the team.

And this is one of the major reasons why developing this game is taking so long. I'd like to see you go out and hire random people on the internet to help you accomplish some childhood dream and not have a couple that just fly away and disappear, leaving you hanging. Oh well, I can't complain since no one is being paid anything but respect and gratitude. :) In other news I'm going to check out an apartment complex tomorrow, which surprisingly meets both of my main criteria (inexpensive and close to campus). Hopefully I like the place because I really want to get out of my current apartment ASAP and start fresh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

truthfully, I didn't understand half of this, but I read it faithfully anyways! please, good luck on finding a nice apartment, ne! ganbare yo!

Bye bye! Chu! Rootskun~!

Rina

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home