Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Can't Hardly Wait

The apartment complex that I checked out this morning was AWESOME! I am so pumped, I already told them I want to be a resident and I'm going tomorrow to make my deposit and sign the lease for a 2 bed-2 bath for $900/month. Not too shabby I say, and it's a block a way from campus. :) It's good timing too, because I just killed ANOTHER cockroach in my place (this is the second in about a week). They've both been in my bathroom for some reason, how do they get in there (or come from there?). It creeps me out, especially because I sleep on the floor (I have no bed, because not too long ago I was living in total destitution).

And more good news, tomorrow is my last day of work until July 11th! I have never needed a vacation this bad in my life. I'm so burnt out from work/school at this point that I've been losing my will to live. :P I think that I'm going to go to the pool and lay out in the sun and read every single day. I almost wish I had a job that required me to be outdoors, but computers and weather don't mix. :( Anyway, now that I've found a good place I need to find a good roommate and I'll be on the road to recovery for next year!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$900/month? that's $450 per person, kinda expensive don't ya think?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Tyler Olsen said...

Really? I don't think it's too bad. I mean my current place costs $600/month and it's in the DMZ (Drunk Mexican Zone). I pay an extra $150 a month for a bigger apartment in a nicer neighboorhood, with nicer appliances and nicer....well everything. I told myself I wouldn't take a place that was more than $500/month and I stuck to it. :)

Besides, this is Austin. Not some run-down little town in Indiana.....*cough* ^_~

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

un, I think it's a good deal! wow, that's so good. but, how large is it? I think a small apartment here is like.. 1,500/month sometimes, so I think it's really good. even more expensive back in japan! aah! >_<.. good luck with everything, and please enjoy your vacation so that you aren't mean anymore, ok? <3

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drunk Mexican Zone, haha!

Rina, where are you at? I'm in LA right now and it's pretty expensive too, like a grand or more for a small one-bedroom...

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, ano.. I'm in Mississauga, Canada right now..

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home