Saturday, July 02, 2005

I used to be extroverted, I swear!

I think engineering has really screwed with me psychologically. After graduating high school I felt unstopable. I was brimming with self-confidence (but I wasn't cocky) and I could walk up and talk to a total stranger without a problem. Now I'm exactly the opposite. I'm introverted and I rarely speak unless spoken to. I've lost the confidence I had back then, even though I've accomplished a lot in the past five years. I don't know where it all started to go wrong for me, but I'm trying to make a comeback.

I've made attempts to put myself into so called "social" situations. Well actually all I've done is gone to the community pool a few times hoping to meet someone and make friends so I'm not so damn lonely all the time, but hardly anyone my age is there and they are usually with friends of their own. People have suggested other things to me like going to the gym, but I abhor working out when others can watch me (I don't know why). Bars, parties, etc. are no good for me either, because I don't like those environments. I'm starting to feel so desperate I should paint a sign that says "Help! I need friends." and walk around campus or something with it. I've never been one to make friends quickly with others, but I've almost been in Austin a year now and its starting to get ridiculous. *sigh* Well I just felt like whining a bit today I guess. If you have any good ideas for me to get out of this rut, I'm all ears. :P

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. Don't be yourself.

Aha~ perfect. You'll make tons of friends! Wai~

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really sad, isn't it. the only one to comment is a girl you don't know, and one you hate yet.. kawaisou.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Tyler Olsen said...

I don't hate anyone (at least not that I can think of off the top of my head). And barely no one knows about my blog yet (and of those that do, not many probably care) so its expected. I didn't really make this blog so I could get people to comment on it. I made it so I could express myself (somewhat) instead of keeping all my thoughts bottled up inside. :P

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

join a club or something

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cry more please.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home