Monday, July 04, 2005

(Un)Happy Independence Day!?

So this was the first July 4th I've been able to appreciate in a while. For the past 3 or 4 years, I had to work or something so its been a long time since I've seen fireworks. I found out about and went to this event, which was fun. And yeah, I went alone. I saw one other guy alone there who was like 70 years old and I thought to myself "Is this what I have to look forward to in life?" >_> Anyway, I contemplated bringing my laptop and doing some work while I was waiting for the actual fireworks to start, but I decided grassy outdoors and new shiny laptop were mutually exclusive. The Austin Symphony Orchestra played and I enjoyed it. They played a couple of my favorite pieces. Duel of Fates by John Williams and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, complete with real cannons . =D They played well for the most part, but I was disappointed when they played Duel of Fates. It just didn't have enough "UMPH" to it, and sounded rather weak and uninspired. Oh, and I saw a girl that looked like and smiled like one of my old best friends from high school (the only one I still keep in touch with). In a way, seeing her kind of made me feel even more lonely. :(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kawaisou.. cheer up, please.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home