Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Insanity is Coming...

Well so far I've managed to keep things under control this semester. But years of experience has shown that that state never lasts for long. I nervously await what is known as "the bulge". That period when all the sudden, reality comes crashing down on you all at once. You suddenly have homework and lab assignments due in every class. You realize a midterm is on the horizon. Your advisor starts giving you a bunch of pointless work to do and tells you to get a paper out of it. Your former employer calls you up and starts making absurb demands for work to be done. These are the events that I soon see happening to me, and there is nothing I can do but wait for the inevitable.


Well dark things aside, I joined the UT Marathon Team this week. They seem like a good bunch of people and I'm sure it will help me to get faster and stay in shape if I run with others instead of trying to run by myself. Others have expressed doubts in my ability to continue doing all the things I do during this semester, but I refuse to let grad school tie me down any longer! I shall not submit to the whim of others, but seek my own path to enlightenment!!!....and stuff. >_> I was telling the professor I TA for about my Neurophysiology class and about how its going to be tough for me because there's so many new things to me. He told me "Well, don't be afraid to bail out at the end!". I know he didn't mean anything by that, but I don't like it when other people suggest that I give something up because its too hard. Who cares if its hard? Is that seriously the mindset people go through in life? I sure don't think like that. Once I start something, I will never give up until I see it finished. That's one reason why my game is still proceeding smoothly and not dead like so many other projects, and also part of the reason why I'm not going for a PhD (hey, if I never start then I also never say I quit it ;).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now this looks like spam...

10:46 PM  
Blogger Tyler Olsen said...

Deleted it. Yeah, I've seen these types of spam comments on other blogs as well. Google needs to step up and fight the evil! Spam sucks

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is google supposed to stop spam? Make people type in a number from a picture just for posting in a blog? Yeah. I agree spam is bad, but trying to stop it is like trying to stop a train with your body. It doesn't work and you end up killing yourself trying. Even if you are successful in one of your stop spam tricks, they invent new ways around it.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Tyler Olsen said...

Yes, I think that if someone posts anonymously, they should have to enter a number from a picture to confirm that they are human. I know that you can never truly stop spam, but that doesn't mean you should give up trying to fight it off!

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home