Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Movin' on up


Ok so first of all I forgot to mention something HUGE in my last post. On Sunday morning, while driving on Interstate 35, I saw.........THE OSCAR MEYER WEINERMOBILE!!! Seriously! I was like OMGWTFBBQ!!??!! Because I mean, there's only one of those, right? And what are the chances that you're going to wake up and see the weinermobile that day? I felt like I won the lottery!


Anyway, moving is such a pain in the ass. I've done zero packing, and everything in my old apartment has to move to my new one on Sunday! To exacerbate the problem, I'm flying out to Dallas early Friday evening so that means I only have like, tomorrow to prepare everything! yeah, good luck with that :P Especially since I'm playing vball tomorrow, and that means I'll be home from work late. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed at everything I have to do again. But the good news is I got finished with the last chapter I have to translate for now, so I'm taking a one or two week break from translating to get my life together (once again).

Other than being busy though, things are going pretty well. We hired a new graphics programmer to work on our long-neglected video engine for Allacrost, so I'm really pumped about that. I've made some friends playing volleyball at work and its really nice to be able to talk to people and not have the conversation soley be about school or work for once. And (hopefully) my last day of work is next Friday, and then I'll have nearly a month of much-deserved freedom! I've started to realize how wondeful personal freedom really is, because doing what others tell you to do all the time and not being able to lead your own life in the direction you want really sucks. I'll talk about that more another day.

Oh and as for the picture above, well I just thought I should spice up the blog a bit. :) It's from School Rumble, the main manga I translate, and I just love the expressions of those two in the picture (you kind of have to know the context of the situation to know why it's so funny that they look like that). Ok, time for bed.....err, I mean floor >_>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home