Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mmmm stuff

I'm slowly getting back into the work routine now. I've had this chronic cough ever since the end of May after I got over a cold, and it hardly effected me at all over my vacation. But now that I'm back to work, it's coming on stronger. I seriously think that I have a stress induced illness now. Well, all I can do now is look forward to the weekend I guess. I've managed to get myself translating 10 or more pages everyday now even with work, so that's good. :)


Oh, my roommate came back from Taiwan today (she's been away for 2 months). She noticed that I had become 'buffer' (as she put it) which brought a huge smile to my face. I'm really happy to know that the effects of my training are already starting to show. I had planned on going swimming after work today, but I had a 2 hour meeting that ended later than I thought it would and by the time I got out it was really dark and clouldy outside. :( So I think tomorrow I'm going to try to both run and swim, since I didn't swim today. Oh, when I was running yesterday I ran on the most populated part of the trails and 5 minutes before I was going to turn around, I felt someone on my back. Even though I've been relatively slow, I've never been passed on the trails by another runner and I sure as hell didn't want to get passed then either. So I pushed it and didn't let him pass me, but he hung with me the whole way and as I turned around he thanked me for pacing him. It's the first time in a very long time that I've felt pressure during running, but it kind of activated my competitive spirit a little more. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home